Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Slabs for table-tops and bars, projects, remodeling


Uncle Hilde's has a batch of natural wood slabs in Pine and Ash.

The consummate purveyor of bargain building product deals in New England, Uncle Hilde's just received a big, bodacious batch of New England natural, live-edge Pine and Ash slabs. Use your imagination to find a cool use for these bargain-priced natural wood slabs for home improvement projects in your house.

I had, and still have (retired to the basement) a beautiful slab of pine like these that served as my dorm room table in college. The stories that table could tell... but I digress.... I sanded it, and applied several coats of polyurethane, and guess what - all my dorm buddies were jealous and wanted it. How it was never stolen from my room is amazing. My dorm buddies were good dudes, but I can't say I wouldn't put it past them to steal my beautiful slab table if they had the chance.

When I see a natural wood slab today my mind automatically goes toward the idea of a custom table or bar. If you have a simple base of 2x construction faced with some nice T&G wood or wainscoting, all you have to do is add a wood slab to the top and you have the best home bar in the neighborhood. What do you need..... some nails and screws...some sandpaper and some polyurethane... DONE!

Little projects like these are easy and cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment